Purple Irish Sea Moss
Not just “sea moss” but true authentic Irish Sea Moss (Chondrus Crispus)
~ Wild Crafted Purple Irish Sea Moss (Chondrus Crispus) ~
What is Purple Irish Sea Moss ? :
Purple Irish Sea Moss is a rare variety of Irish Sea Moss found in the Northern Atlantic, off the coast of Maine. We source directly from aquatic farmers who harvest this amazing sea moss from protected waters. Purple Irish Sea Moss or in it’s true name, Chondrus Crispus, is a tough and stringy purple seaweed that grows up to 6 inches high on rocks in tidal pools. Irish Sea Moss has been used for centuries as a natural superfood for one simple fact - it is a nutrient powerhouse. We are honored to provide you with high quality Irish Sea Moss.
(1 ounce of raw seaweed makes approx one 32 ounce jar of Irish Moss gel)
Please be aware :
Many sellers are capitalizing on the “sea moss” trend and selling inauthentic versions of sea moss - some grown in man-made ponds, some are also varieties from St Lucia, Peru and other places in the world that do not grow the authentic Chondrus Crispus strain that Dr. Sebi spoke about. At Zeal Living LLC, we always have and will continue to source and offer only authentic Irish Sea Moss (Chondrus Crispus). Authentic Irish Sea Moss grows very slowly which creates the plants ability to host such a massive amount of minerals, antioxidants and other unique healing compounds. This is also why you will find that it only takes 1 ounce of raw seaweed to make not only a large jar of gel, but a jar of thick gel, like it should be.
Potential Benefits :
- Strengthens the immune system
- Prevents and helps to fight the cold and flu
- Balance gut flora and restore gut health
- Increased metabolism (weight loss) and endocrine function
- Multi level thyroid support (see details below)
- Promotes healthy skin and prevents dry skin/psoriasis
- Increases energy levels
- Well known to help lower cholesterol
- Helps prevent bloating, gas and indigestion
- Rich source of calcium for strong bones and teeth
- Rich in beta-carotene for healthy vision
- Enhances libido and drive
- Helps with recovery from radiation exposure
- Helps regulate the bowel and soothes inflammation of the digestive tract
- Sea Moss is a nutrient powerhouse and actually contains 92 of the 102 minerals that make up our bodies
- Sea Moss is jam packed with potassium. The cells of the body cannot function without potassium though strangely, our bodies do not have a mechanism to conserve potassium. Adding high-potassium foods like Sea Moss to your diet can significantly improve mood and cognitive function (especially for ADD). High potassium foods are also very helpful for fibromyalgia, moodiness, agitation, depression and anxiety disorders.
- Irish moss is a source of potassium chloride, a nutrient which helps to dissolve catarrh (inflammation and phlegm in the mucous membranes), which cause congestion.
- Sea Moss contains Algin. This phytonutrient has therapeutic value as a heavy metal detoxifying agent - meaning it helps pull heavy metals out of the tissues of our bodies.
Please note :
Seaweeds contain naturally high levels of iodine. This product is harvested from the sea. Consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to fish or shellfish. We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications. For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.